Friday, November 11, 2011

spin...dye...stitch... Oh! My!


Oh...MY...this is one of my favorite fiber-eee books!


This is a grrrrr....reat book by Jennifer Claydon.
If you want to make your own one-of-a-kind yarn, then,
this is the book for YOU!
But, even if you don't want to dye your own fibers...
this is still a great book for the fundamentals of the
spinning wheel and spinning. 
The pictures are all wonderful. Instructions/explanations
of different aspects of spinning and creating yarn
can be clearly understood even for the beginner.

If you don't see this book at your local fiber shop...
check out Amazon...where you can look inside the book.

So...let me know with your comments...are you
a well "seasoned" spinner, a beginner, or have you never
spun on a spinning wheel?  If you've never spun...do you think
you would like to try someday?  What would need to happen
to get you on the road to starting to spin?
I LUV spinning!  It is one of the most relaxing hobbies
that I have ever encountered...and, I have met up with
MANY a crafty hobby...fur shore =P




3 comments:

Chiska said...

I would like to learn to spin. I think it will take someone taking me by the hand and showing me. That and perhaps space. I inherited a lot of stuff from my Aunt and mostly I look at it and promise her that I will. One day I will.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I don't need another hobby, but have done a little drop bobbin . I noticed the Rhinebeck Wool Festival on your list - may have to put that on my calendar for 2012.

Miss Hillbilly said...

I think I would certainly enjoy it, but time would have to happen.